Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Tisket, A Tasket~A Blue & Chocolate Basket

I have not posted in a few days because I was a bit under the weather! I am feeling so much better & was anxious to get back to creating! I LOVE these easy little baskets. You can really do them so many ways. I am so impressed with the Parisian Breeze Specialty designer paper. The catalog does not do it justice! The color matches for this paper set is Baja Breeze, chocolate chip & Kraft.



These little baskets are made from a 6x6" square of 2 sided specialty paper or cardstock that is scored, folded & adhered.
The handles are cut at 1/2" wide by 8,5" long. After adhering the handles I used vintage brads to finish them off.

I used the Yummy stamp set that is available in the Sale-a-bration catalog ~you can earn it free by purchasing $50 in catalog merchandise (before tax & shipping). There are only 2 weeks left for Sale-a-bration! This is a very useful stamp set and co-ordinates with the Top Note Bigz die for the Big Shot.

I hope you enjoy this little project as much as I did! I used brown M&M's and Cadbury chocolate eggs in pastel blue to fill my medium flat Cello bags and tied them off with the 1/4" chocolate grossgrain ribbon.

Here is the photo tutorial~Click on the collage to make it bigger!























Cut 6x6" piece of 2 sided cardstock, Score at 2" and at 4". Turn and score at 2" and 4". now your piece will be scored into 6 two inch square. Turn and score from tip to center of score marks on each of your 4 corners (as shown in picture) make sure you do NOT score through the very center square. Attach sticky strip on one side of each of the 4 points inside and adhere. Now place sticky strip on one side of the outside of each point and adhere each flap forward. Adhere your 1/2" by 8.5" handle, add brads and decorate!

I used the BRAND NEW scallop oval punch and stamp set from the Occasions mini that will be available April 1st!

















Have a Sunny day!

4 comments:

LINDA said...

OH Valerie,These are Gorgeous!! Love that DP..Lovely job..
Hugs, Linda

Nardi said...

These are so cute! I love them. Can't wait to CASE them ;o) TFS!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice tut! Love this idea!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Thanks for the tutorial on the baskets. I have just become an SU demo and am waiting for all my SAB goodies to get here. Love your blue and chocolate combo!