OK so today's card is a "bit" bright but I was ready for some summer color! Seems like I had been on a roll with pinks lately.
A couple of things brought this card together~
This was a sketch challenge on SCS (Split Coast Stampers) and I really liked the layout. I also had a delivery of new stamps from the UPS man and I was anxious to use them! I wanted to see if I could make a card I liked without using any designer paper, only card stock and background stamps.
Since I spent part of my childhood in the Southwest I wanted to bring in the warmth of those beautiful sunsets on the mesa and the bright happy color of turquoise. I did some distressing on my whisper white by tearing it then fraying the edges, I rolled it back a little for the flowers to peek out. I used a few red gems and some dazzling diamonds glitter for a bit of sparkle.
Bold Brights Card Stock: #105548
- Tempting Turquoise card stock
- YoYo Yellow card stock stamped & sponged with apricot appeal ink
- Only Orange card stock stamped & sponged with Ruby Red ink
- Boho Backgrounds stamp set #114940 (background dots, background flowers & sentiment)
- True Friend stamp set # 110378 (turquoise & red flowers cut out)
- 1 1/4" circle punch
- sticky gems
- paper cutter
- bone folder
- Dazzling diamonds glitter