Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Got Sunglasses? Bright Boho Friend card SC225

I must apologize for not posting in the morning like usual! I know a lot of you have said you check my blog in the morning! This week my Son is on Spring break and my schedule is out the window! I'm finding that I have to wait till his batteries wear out before I have some quiet time to post, this seems to be at bedtime LOL

OK so today's card is a "bit" bright but I was ready for some summer color! Seems like I had been on a roll with pinks lately.
A couple of things brought this card together~
This was a sketch challenge on SCS (Split Coast Stampers) and I really liked the layout. I also had a delivery of new stamps from the UPS man and I was anxious to use them! I wanted to see if I could make a card I liked without using any designer paper, only card stock and background stamps.
Since I spent part of my childhood in the Southwest I wanted to bring in the warmth of those beautiful sunsets on the mesa and the bright happy color of turquoise. I did some distressing on my whisper white by tearing it then fraying the edges, I rolled it back a little for the flowers to peek out. I used a few red gems and some dazzling diamonds glitter for a bit of sparkle.

Recipe~
Bold Brights Card Stock: #105548

  • Tempting Turquoise card stock
  • YoYo Yellow card stock stamped & sponged with apricot appeal ink
  • Only Orange card stock stamped & sponged with Ruby Red ink
Stamps
Accessories~
  • 1 1/4" circle punch
  • sticky gems
  • paper cutter
  • bone folder
  • adhesive
  • dimensionals
  • Dazzling diamonds glitter
Have a GREAT night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LINDA said...

WOW!!! This is just Gorgeous!! Love the colors.. So bright and cheerful..
Hugs, Linda