Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cinema Day, Awards & the Last Day of school~Stamped gifts for the Teacher & kids

What a whirlwind the last week has been! We wrapped up the end of school and are officially on Summer Vacation!

I thought I would share some of the things I was busy with. Our school has "Awards Day" for all the students. All of the 1st grade classes decided to have "Cinema Day" after the Awards. The children were given a list of movies to sign up for, they got to choose which movie they wanted to see and there were 4 movies shown at the same time. Since the classes were all going to be co-mingled I could not just do cupcakes for my son's class, I did then for ALL the 1st graders. We also sent bags of popcorn for the children during the movie. I did hand colored tags on ALL the bags of popcorn I sent, I found this adorable stamp called "Night at the movies" from Lockhart stamps, then I was lucky enough to find these movie themed cupcake picks online to coordinate. I sent 90 cupcakes to school!
The middle picture is a movie gift we made for my son's teacher for Cinema day. You can't see much of the stamped items in the picture but I used the same stamp and made belly bands for some microwave popcorn packs. I added some yummy movie candies~Reese's, Pixie sticks, Red vines licorice, Dots & Good & Plenty. I also put in some of our favorite popcorn seasoning, we actually take ours to the movie theater with us for our popcorn. Kernal Seasoning's White Cheddar.
You can get a few of the flavors at Walmart. I got some Popcorn holders and the larger bucket and added some fancy shredded paper inside, it made for a great Cinema day teacher gift!
The next day the whole 1st grade had a BBQ field trip to a huge park, we had all the first grader classes playing in a creek at the same time! What a day! The kids had a great time but the parents were WORN out! Now to survive summer!

Well I am off to check out the pool! We just had a pool put in and it is being filled today! I will be back tomorrow with a new project! A card box with 6 cards & envelopes!

Have a POOL day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Please, give me link to download XRumer 7.0!!!
Thanks!

Always yours,
miss MW