Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Texture plate & Stampin' Pastels Wedding card~ Fun & Fast Notes CC217

The joy of Stampin' Pastels! (#105542)
The great part of having a set of Stampin' pastels is that I know I have something in all 4 color groups right at my fingertips. The pastels are a great bargain for the price. I have found that I use them a lot to match my coloring with card stock. If you have been slowly collecting markers and ink pads to get all the wonderful SU colors, the pastel set and blender pens come in so handy!

I designed this card for a color challenge, in the end I loved the layout I came up with but its not my favorite color combination. The CC217 color challenge was to make a card using Garden Green, Ballet Blue & Cameo Coral.

I thought I would share it because I love the texture (Texture backgrounds 1 #114512 ) & layout. I also love the wedding cake image from the Fun & Fast notes #113500. I colored the cakes with Stampin' Pastels#105542 in Cameo coral, garden green & ballet blue. I added some dazzling diamonds glitter over the blue on the cake plates.

I would make this card again maybe just changing the card stock accent colors. I think mostly white with a light gray or silver card stock would be really lovely for this layout.
I also used a bit of our Whisper White organza ribbon, a paper flower dusted with Cameo Coral pastel, and a pearl center.

I thought I would also share a funny little video. I have a nine year old Persian cat, he does this funny thing to my husband every night when he begs to get on his lap. I kept trying to catch it on video and I finally we did.





Well I am off to the school to help the 1st graders make explosion boxes with candles inside for Mother's day! That's a whole lot of explosion boxes! I have modified them a bit to make it easier for the kids to make (no paper flower on top, we are doing silk flowers on top) will share some pictures of our finished gifts!

Have a GREAT day!

No comments: