Saturday, May 2, 2009

Father's Day Shirt Cuff card & gift matchbox ~Sewing on cardstock

I made this fun shirt cuff card and matchbox for my little guy to give his Daddy on Father's Day. We will be adding a picture I took to the inside of the card~it is of the 2 of them walking down the trail to the Cadillac Graveyard.

I added a matching matchbox to hold a little gift~it would be a great box for a tie tack or cuff links! I used the new matchbox die for the Big Shot. For the outside I used Baja Breeze card stock along with the Matchbox messages frame stamp in chocolate chip ink. The tags are 1 3/8" circle punch in chocolate chip cs, 1 1/4" circle punch in confetti cs. The tie stamp is from the Holiday Blitz stamp set and I sponged the edge in chocolate chip. The inside of the box is made with the striped Parisian Breeze dp with a bit of the 1/4" chocolate chip grossgrain ribbon for a pull.
For the shirt cuff card, I cut 2 pieces of card stock, one in the stripe & one in confetti cs. Cut at 8 1/4" long & 3 1/4" wide. Then use the corner rounder punch on the top 2 corners. Gently score, (you don't want a deep score since it will not be a flat fold)both pieces at 2 1/2" and 6 1/4". You will be folding the shorter flap to the center and overlap the longer side on the outside. Adhere both pieces together with sticky strip. Now topstitch with the sewing machine, using your presser foot as your guide, line up the edge of paper with the side of the presser foot, make sure you have the same color thread in your bobbin as your using for topstitching. Stitch all the way around the edges. If you have a button holer foot you can make a simple button hole with your sewing machine, I then stitched the button onto a spare piece of cardstock, using my sewing machines button foot. Use a dimensional to add the button to the top center of the button hole(I did not cut the center of the buttonhole out since I was not going to be able to actually button it. Then add a sticky velcro dot to the backside to close the card.
The tags are the same size as on the matchbox in baja breeze and confetti. The stamp is also from the Holiday Blitz set and inked in chocolate chip.

Be sure to take advantage of our great new promotion! Buy any 3 sets of designer paper and/or 12 x 12 cardstock and get a 4th set FREE! (You can mix and match DP & CS)

Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

This is so adorable! I love the set