Friday, February 6, 2009

Tweet Shadowbox card~Challenge LSC206



Today's challenge on SCS was the Limited supply challenge and we were to use a "Sentiment" only stamp. I have totally fallen in love with the Imaginisce Twitterpated collection. OK maybe I am a bit obsessed with it. The front of the papers have glossy embossed areas and the snag em stamps come out so clear! I love hedgehogs and this paper has so many little animals on it. This time I wanted to showcase the little bunny and the hedgehog so I decided I would make a shadowbox card. I have been looking for a project to use my pink houndstooth cardstock. I colored the "So Tweet" stamp with my Koh-i-noor woodless pencils and odorless minreal oil.

For the front of the shadowbox I could not use a punch because I had to size the opening to match up with a custom size of the paper in order to keep the animals in the scene. I lightly traced the rectangle to my measurments on the back of the card stock and used my friskars cutter to drop the blade down and cut it out. The sentiment is up on dimensionals. The clouds are cut out of the same DP as they are printed on the backside.

Recipe~
  • DP~Imaginisce Twitterpated
  • CS~2 sided pink houndstooth by Heidi Snapp, SU whisper white
  • Stamp~Imaginisce Snag 'em So Tweet
  • gem brads and flowers
  • Ink~ Stazon black
  • Koh-i-noor woodless pencils
  • scallop punch
  • sticky tape
  • adhesive
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

What a cute card- I love the colours

Elizabeth said...

Awwwe, that is so adorable!