Thursday, May 14, 2009

Altered tin~Mini Dessert Bucket into planter~Cheep Talk, Good Morning Sunshine!

SCS Challenge WT218~Alter a tin

Yesterday I mentioned that the UPS man brought me a big box of new Stampin' Up goodies! I thought I would share this project today since I used a new stamp set and some of the designer paper that I got from the current promotion (buy 3 packs of DP or 12x12 card stock and get one pack FREE, you can mix and match!) I couldn't pass that promotion up!

This a tin mini dessert bucket from a restaurant. I put an unaltered one in the picture so you could see how it started out. My son loves to bring these home and then he soon loses interest. The fun part is that I did not actually plant anything in the tin bucket. I found these mini dessert tins are the perfect size to slide a peat pot into! So we planted our seeds a couple weeks ago into a biodegradable peat pot and waited for them to sprout. These are watermelon plants in this one. Once they have started to grow you can make your bucket and then simply slide the peat pot inside. Now it is ready for gift giving! The recipient can then slide the peat pot out and plant it right into the ground! The tin can then be saved!


For this project I used the following:
Cheep Talk Stamp Set #113204
Good Morning Sunshine designer paper#113966
Pacific point card stock #
Pacific point classic ink #111837, kiwi kiss, so saffron
Striped Kiwi Kiss grosgrain ribbon 5/8"#111372
Sticky Strip
Dimensionals
Paper Crimper


Have a SUNSHINE day!

No comments: