Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bandanna technique~True Friend, Boho Backgrounds kraft card

WHAT? A card with no Designer Paper??

It's true! No Dp was used int he making of this card. :-)
Yesterday I was challenged to "try a new technique" This was to stamp an image and then doodle around it with a white gel pen to make it resemble a bandanna!

You can try this with ANY color card stock, then choose a stamp and stamp it all over in black OR a color similar to the color card stock your using. Then get your white gel pen and start making dots, dashes & squiggly lines.

For my card I used kraft card stock and used stamps from the True Friend #110378 and Boho Backgrounds #114940 in black Stazon ink. I doodled with my opaque white gel pen #105021. I also used black & whisper white card stock. The ribbon is So Saffron #111364.
I stamped my sentiment & larger image in riding hood red. The larger image was cut out and doodled with black ink then a die cut flower and gem were added. I will be adding another color combination in this technique soon!

Give it a try!

Have a CREATIVE day!

1 comment:

LINDA said...

OMGosh!! You have done such a fantastic job. Making your own DP.. I love it!! I have this set.. Must get it out and use it again.. very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda